Aug 20, 2010

Mayo visit on 8/19

So Jessa and I had a 1 day trip to Mayo yesterday.
Jessa had a consult with her G.I. doctor, her acid reflux is not a concern. Constipation is most likely due to dehydration. She is just not getting enough fluids and her body may not be metabolizing the 30cal formula she is currently taking. So we switched her over to Pedia-sure.
Jessa had an upper G.I. x-ray to check her swallowing reflex, and to make sure that there aren't any twist, turns or narrowing in her G.I. tract. She also had a skeletal x-ray (basically an x-ray of every bone in her body). I actually don't remember the name the doctor used, but Jessa has extra "padding" on her knees, palms of her hands, and bottoms of her feet.
She needs to have some blood work done and also testing for Lyme(sp) disease. Only because recently Jessa had a circular red rash on her thigh, and her groin lymph nodes were very prominent. Since there are quite a few more cases circling around of west Nile virus, Lyme disease, and influenza virus, the doctor felt it was best to investigate reasons for lymphadenopathy(swollen lymph nodes).
We saw her Neurologist, and future plans for Jessa are repeating an MRI next fall when she is 2 years old. Since that is when the brain is fully developed, we can see if there are any malformations. The doctor was pleased that Jessa has again been progressing. She is rolling over, making constant and vowel sounds, visually tracking better, and learning cause and effect! She is slowly moving along her own growth and development curve :)
We will be heading back to Mayo Clinic again on November 1st to follow up with Neurologist, G.I., and we will be also have a consult with a Geneticist.

No comments: